View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 07:17 PM   #16
1966Step

Re: What Does a Dirty Air Filter Look Like?

Got a thermo temp gun coming tomorrow. Still have stock dummy light. Thermostat was changed as well as water pump and radiator at shop. Not sure what temp they installed and I’ve seen 3 listed for the 292 engine(160, 180, 195), but I noticed it is now taking longer for the cold light to go out but way faster to come on after stopping now (since “work” was done). However, I haven't been idling more than 5 minutes much in the past to test that theory.

Advanced the timing about ¼ inch outer rotation and fired her up and seemed much better. The vacuum went to 18-19 Took a brief ride w/no backfires and was better but hot light still came on after 5 min of idling after my short ride. Still need proper timing but felt like I got it at least a bit closer.

Weather here is not ideal for outside work but I will dial in the timing when I get a chance. There’s a lot to learn there for me. Trying to do baby steps to monitor performance and better understand the effects of each thing I do. At least today, I’m feeling like I made some progress! Thanks!

Last edited by 1966Step; 01-26-2021 at 09:13 PM.
1966Step is offline   Reply With Quote