View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 05:24 PM   #31
kevinr1970

Re: Check out Dale Jr's Chevy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
I think if you compared the simple style designs of our trucks with a Ridgeline it's a no brainer. Even though our trucks are over 30 years old they have a much better design than the ridgeline. Plus our trucks are collectable work trucks. I cant see the Ridgline being desirable in 30 years let alone in 5 years. The ridgeline is not a real work truck designed to do what trucks were designed to do.
A friend at work bought a Ridgeline and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Drives real nice; more car-like than truck-like, good power, good gas mileage, lots of creature comforts even on a lower end version.

I can't argue with collectible as I have a small collection of my own?!?

In five years if the Ridgeline has needed to have its heater/AC control head replaced (at 3,000 miles), needed its front brakes re-done repeatedly (with less than 50,000), needed its intake gaskets replaced (with under 70,000), engine "piston slap" noise (after 20,000), than no, it wouldn't be desireable. But if after 150,000 miles it has needed little more than regular maintenance (my experience with Hondas) than I would think it would be highly desireable.
Tell me again, why did I buy an '06 after having problems with my '98 and having friends have problems with the NBS trucks????

Since my '86 GMC is the only one of my trucks I use as a "truck", the Ridgeline looks better all the time.

I'll never admit this to her, but when my girlfriend points these things out to me, I find it harder and harder to argue with her...
1991 GMC CrewCab Dually 4x4, just going to fix things up for now
1982/1989 K5/GMC Jimmy 2wd
1987 GMC 1/2 ton swb 2wd Crew (sold)
kevinr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote