View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 07:11 PM   #4
Cannibal

Re: 67 C30 Motorhome Frame Lowering/Discs

Thanks for the input. I did end up picking up the front frame section from a 72 motorhome so now I have the full crossmember, arms, spindles, discs and all. The 67 had a hydraulic ram style power steering and the 72 has powered box.

As far as the delineation in the frames, not sure on the difference between C and P. I know the bread van style is P, but these two had a regular cab on them, not a box type motorhome from my understanding. I'll be taking more measurements for sure.

The 67 has the Eaton rear end, which I'll probably part with because it's not as user friendly if I decide I need to re-gear or want to add a limited slip. The 72 also came with the rear clip too, so I have a D80 on that. So basically, the only part of the 67 I'll be using is the frame. Not sure about a front cross member drop or if I'll need to notch the rear but the plan is 4 bags. I don't need to lay frame because the body that's going on it is a 49 International and the side steps hang below the frame. I just want to drop those on the ground. It will be a long, slow build, but I'll document.