View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #77
mrhino
Account Suspended

Re: Build #2 Crusader!

I have been working out the details of starting my own internet based business. I have many Items lined up to sell and Im hoping to kick it off, right here on the Forum, then branch out into eBay, Amazon and then my own website. Im hoping there is a good market for the products here with older trucks and hotrods. some of the Items are: Auto-dimming rear view mirrors, either plain or with temp and compass, Home-link (garage door openers) back up cameras a 3" screen on the mirror turns on when the vehical is put into reverse. I can even get them with Navigation in them as well. some other things include Bluetooth for your truck. Seat heaters that you can add to your factory seat and stand alone home link for either the headliner, sun-visor or any where else you can think of.

sorry I getting excited about that. and cant help myself.

Any way i got on the seats this weekend heres how it turned out.

with the humps removed from the floor I thought it best to tie the front part of the floor into the rear and not necessarily use the part I cut out to support the seat. so I welded a a piece of 1/8 flat stock to the front. Heated it till i could get it to bend to the curv of the floor.

then I took 3/16 flat stock all the way across the floor to the back. I welded that to the front piece I welded to the floor.

In the rear I "Boxed" it in and then welded that to the floor.

Then I set the seat back up there to measure for the other side.

I welded a piece of 1/8 plate to the small raised part in the floor

heated it till I could bend it around the hump

Once again took my 3/16 piece and welded that to the hump. I also had to heat it up and put a slight bend in it.

Same thing in the rear, gave it some heat so i could bend it then welded it to the floor

essentially what Iv done is tied the front and rear together for the best strength. and still keep it low.

Next drilled some Mounting holes, weld a small washer to the bottom of the seat track just to keep the track off of the floor a little, then bolted the seat in with Hardened bolts.

Once it was all mounted in I put some battery power to it and took it for a ride. As you can see there is plenty of room, Tyler is almost 6' tall and there is a good 8" or so of head room, I even had Deb climb in and tyler got in the back. It looks snug but hes a big boy, I got back there its comfortable.

Im pretty stoked about how it turned out, still need to finalize some stuff. Oh and do the drivers side.
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote