View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 07:36 PM   #256
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Okay, so last weekend (not the nice warm one we just had - I spent that doing home improvement projects at my house and at the in-laws), my wife's cousin came over and helped me left the floor pan. It kinda, sorta, maybe fit in place.

I used some sheet metal screws to hold it in place. Not going to weld anything until I get the door pillar, inner cowl panel, rear pillar, and cab corners, lined up.

The back of the floor looks pretty good. The front is going to need some work getting it to match up. Hopefully I am up to the task.

Going to have to spend some time in the winter getting this lined up properly. There are of course some gaps in the front where the floor pan meets the firewall, but I was expecting that. I have to figure out what the best way to bang everything in shape is. Any suggestions, please post.

Here is the back and front of the floor:

What is confusing me is that it seems to line up pretty well, but the door pillar seems to be too far in on one side. Not sure if you can see it in the first pic below:

Here is the other side door pillar:

And of course the new floor was not molded to match the cab exactly:

Finally, here is the pics of the gaps where the floor meets the firewall. It's not so much that there is a gap, but it seems like I can't get them lined up so they meet each other completely flat.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote