View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 10:47 AM   #49
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: Upside down, inside out, topsy turvy world we live in

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckin 79 View Post
I think you guys are going off of outdated information here. Most healthcare facilities are bound by Medicare reimbursement. The government program makes healthcare facilities ask MIPS questions in order to get paid. Do you smoke, check a persons Body Mass Index, did you get the flu shot and other health related questions like that. The doctor is supposed to console you on these questions or at least attempt to.
If a healthcare facility wants to get paid they have to hit a certain percentage of MIPS documentation or that facility will get paid at a lower rate or wont get paid at all.

I totally agree people need to take more ownership for themselves
But the contradiction to that is that being a smoker is nolonger a penalty in the health insurance game. Smokers are lumped in with everyone else. It bugs me that as a nearly 58 year old guy who has never smoked, I get to share in the rate increase that comes from grouping smokers in with the rest. It is a known issue that virtually no one escapes without some kind of medical problem.

The twist tie thing comes from the machines that they use. (duh, no kidding) I mean that it depends on the machine in the fact that some of them are known as X-twist. That means that it alternates the twist. We had one like that in a packaging plant I worked in years ago. It turned clockwise one time and counter-clockwise the next.
Back then it had to do with the internal mechanism. It couldn't keep going the same way all the time. There was something inside that would have been wound around the mechanism. These were faster than the older machines that ran only one way. It's been over 30 years though, so I don't remember exactly, just that there was indeed a reason for it.

You just get lucky at the grocery store once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.

Last edited by LONGHAIR; 04-18-2021 at 10:57 AM.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote