View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 08:20 PM   #1
k5kev

Vintage Air & 72 Rear Air

Guys, I finally got my A/C installed and charged. I used a Vintage Air Surefit Gen VI in the front with electronic controls conversion, and the original factory rear unit. I did every thing my self except oil, vacuum, and charge, which I had a professional shop do, as well as double check all my work.

So far I am extremely pleased with the cooling results. My AC guys says he measured 50 degree air coming out the front and rear. I have driven it twice by myself for about 20 minutes each time on roughly 84 degree days here in Anaheim this past weekend. I had to turn the front and rear down to medium, as it was getting too cold! No tint anywhere and just factory light green glass. I've also got carpet, padding, and fatmat knock-off on the floors, and the fatmat on all the sides, doors, and on the roof.

I'm looking forward to the next heat wave here in Socal so I can test it at +/- 100 degrees and see if it handles it! I also nee to get somebody to ride in the back and see what they say. Also nee to finish installing the rear shroud/cover

Let me know what you guys think, or if you have any questions.
Attached Images

k5kev is offline   Reply With Quote