View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 05:23 AM   #21
RED72blazer
urban fourwheelin

Re: Steve@oldsub.com needs help

this is being posted on a few sites. May he rest in peace.

Quote:
Today I recieved a call which had me flip my truck around and race over to Harborview Hospital in Seattle. Steve or Oldsub as he's known to many around the various old car sites was currently unconscious, and I was told that it may be best to say my goodbyes today. Barring any sort of miracles, it sounds like this is the end. He had been battling cancer for some time now and succumbed to an infection of some sort. I didn't want to bother his wife to get the details as they really don't seem to matter now. What matters is we're all losing a good friend and family man.

For those of you who don't know him, he's one of the most kind hearted folks you'd meet. Whether looking at a pristinely restored GM vehicle or one with rust holes large enough to stick your foot through, he loved them all and always saw potential.

I really don't know what to say as I'm really disheartened at the news. He was like a father to me in some ways, offering good advice and listening when needed. I have a lot of respect for him. He did get to spend this christmas with his family and at least he had grown most of his beard back by now!

It's been a tough day on all of us. I also feel so much grief for his wife and kids, who've stood beside him through all of this.

I thought it best to post this for those members who called him friend and haven't heard any news in awhile. It's not my place to say, but I ask that you not contact his wife, out of respect for her grieving, unless you wish to offer condolences only.

I'm sure this isn't the appropriate forum to post this news, but I feel it best since most of the people he may have helped frequent here regularly. Maybe it can get kicked through some of his most frequnted forums before dissappearing.

Thanks for listening. May he be remembered.

Jeff Erickson

Last edited by RED72blazer; 01-03-2011 at 05:25 AM.
RED72blazer is offline   Reply With Quote