View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 03:05 AM   #40
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Alternator wont charge battery

Funny this came up, because my daughters "new" 2012 Honda Civic is giving us problems. Two guys say the battery is bad, two say good including Interstate. The alternator was replaced. In fact they did it twice after checking the first install, apparently a bad new alternator.

I can say I put the battery on a tender, showed full charge. Read 12.7, but my little meter didn't read full for some reason. Ditched that and used my multi-meter for the first time (finally). 12.7, installed battery and checked again (12.5). Not sure why that much change but OK. Drove three miles and checked again for 12.3. Let it sit a while and 12.57. Drove it to store and back 12.35. Couldn't tell you what's going on, I don't know enough about charge systems, but at this point I don't trust the battery and/or charge system.

Don't much care for Honda at this point either. Only 76K on the car, it doesn't measure up to every other newer car I've bought, being Toyotas.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote