View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 02:27 PM   #4
69TowRig

Re: Thought I fixed it, but apparently I didn't

If either of the connections (the ground or the signal) become disconnected from the sender then the gauge pegs out like that. Make sure all the connections are good and tight.

From what I understand the fix-a-gauge is only for the 1/8th= empty, 1/2 = full gauge fix.

I just went through fixing my sending unit last week. What most people would have thrown out I repaired and it is working great. The tiny wires inside the unit had a broken turn and the grounds inside the sender were all corroded. You may want to pull the sender apart and burnish all the contacts and grounding points. It made mine rock-steady and didn't cost me anything but time.
Building a stripper, one part at a time: 1969 K5, 307, 3spd, 3 seats, hard top. Added Pwr Discs, Pwr Steering, Aux Battery, T-case Skid, Lighted Sidemarkers, HEI, Lock-Right Diff, ECE Class IV Hitch, 32" MT/Rs. Parts to Install: Hand Throttle, Console, Tow Hooks, Dual Horns, AM-FM, Dealer Swing-Away Tire Carrier, Gas Tank Skid.
Also building a 1950 Willys CJ-3A and off-roading a 2001 Nissan Frontier on 1-Ton Portals...

Last edited by 69TowRig; 02-04-2006 at 02:29 PM.
69TowRig is offline   Reply With Quote