View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
youngrodder

53 Surburban "Family Truckster"

I started my next project yesterday.

Backstory...The build that I finshed is this 48 Chevy truck. The reason that I show a picture and mention it is because the plan for this 53 is everything that my 48 isn't. I saw this suburban less then 10 miles from my house over 10yrs ago. It wasn't until my 48 was nearing completion that I thought owning a Subrban would be cool. A few years ago the suburban disappered from the house I saw it at. I had a hunch it was held up in a barn. I knocked on the door this June and by July it was mine. With two young boys (also some of the reason for this project) and their busy sports schedules I didn't get a chance to really see what I bought until yesterday. So far I'm very pleased. My last project was 11 yrs and x amount of dollars. I want this project finished in a couple years with less money.

Plans
chassis - Porterbuild
Drivetrain - Undecided (possible 6 liter fuel injected motor)
Air management - Accuair
Paint - Not a show paint job. Maybe all metal. Some what undecided but to be decided later.
Interior - Nice. sporting all (3) rows of factory seats.
Wheels - 20" Delmo (ish) rims.

In the end I want an untra low comfortable cruiser that I can haul my faimly, bikes and all sorts of our other family crap around in. I also want to use this project as an opportunity to teach my 7 & 9 yr old boys how to turn a wrench. Something that they were not able to do on the 48.

On to the Pics.....
Attached Images

1948 Chevy Truck - Finished SOLD!!

1953 Chevy Suburban "Family Truckster" Completed: Spring of 2021
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605484

1994 4x4 Blazer - "Field Find"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ferrerid=30857
youngrodder is offline   Reply With Quote