View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 05:34 AM   #138
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW DOUGH View Post
That wiper setup is awesome. I will have to remember this so I can do it. were did you put your reservoir? Do you have a pic of it? I also want to see the tall skiny mud tires on it.
The only place that was available to mount it was under the passenger side battery tray:

From post #23

It is not an ideal mounting spot, but hey, it is all there was. In all reality, it does not need to be readily available, but where mine is, I need a transmission funnel to fill it. Luckily, the reservoir is fairly decent sized so refills do not occur too often.

As for a pic of the reservoir, no, I do not have one. Speaking of reservoirs, I used that particular one because it HAD to fit under that battery tray. From the pic, it looks like there is a lot of room, but in actuallity, it is very crampt right there. While shopping the wrecking yards I found several that would have looked nice enough to put in a visible place, but would not work for me because of that damn intercooler. Older S10 trucks and some GM passenger cars have nice reservoirs with integral pumps in them. If a reservoir change is not desireable to you, an inline electric pump can be added in an inconspicuous place to reap the benefits of a motor driven pump instead of a piston pump, but still use the original reservoir.

The tall skinny mud tires have not happened yet. I am having difficulty putting together another set of the stock wheels of all things. I can find one or two but it seems like whenever I try to set something up everything goes awry. I will post pics as soon as I get them on.