View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 12:56 PM   #47
bhayes1

Re: Anyone else think fully automated cars are a bad idea?

Whether you are for it or against it, in my opinion, you can't outweigh the benefits it would provide to the negatives that might come with it.

Every time I get in a vehicle and look at the people next to me driving down the freeways and think to myself... wow I am basically trusting my life to this stranger who doesn't care a lick about me. They are in a 70MPH bomb and one little mistake and it's all over. Believe me, there are a ton of drivers out there who are more concerned with their social media updates than your life and that is not changing no matter how many distracted driving tickets get handed out.

If your autoCAD crashes daily, you might want to update your system. I use it 5-6 days a week all day and rarely have an issue with it. The bozo driving next to you is much more likely to crash than your computer (no stats needed for that).

Besides all the other good points brought up: drunk driving, road rage, etc.

When the technology advances enough to make it feasible, this will be a good thing no doubt. However, as with most of you, the government wont get my old pick up without a fight.