View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 10:59 PM   #39
GMC69

Well I already had my 4x4 Ranger ( piece of crap) and was not looking at buying another vehicle. But Renée's brother was looking at getting a beater to drive around and he seen this one and I knew he would be the last person to take care of a vehicle. So Renée and I decided to go take a look at it and it was in the autotrader. Went for a 5 minute ride and within a week I had it at home. Then spent what I had to, to get it on the road and approx 2,500$ later I had the truck with all repairs done to it and it was on the road driving. But since it did not have PS I did not drive it much. I did use it for hauling stuff once and a while since my Ranger was so small and it was higher.

Then moved out of town for a couple years so it sat. Now that I want to drive it again I would have to get it re-certified. It needs all 4 cab supports, rockers and cab corners along with the front floor sections and the lower kick panels. So I really don't know how much more needs to get fixed so till I can get another cab or truck it will sit for longer. It already has the box off it since it pissed me off that I could not get the drivers side apart to cut the coil to level out the ride ( 4" drop coils in the rear). I was planning in working on it anyhow but I was not letting the truck win this battle, LOL. That way it looks like I am doing something with it.

See what I mean, LOL. Not bad LWB box with 2 people and one engine hoist, LOL and limited room as you can see.

2019 Silvedrado 4x4
1970 Chevy 3/4 ton, 396BB, on air bags
GMC69 is offline   Reply With Quote