View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 08:23 PM   #75
Hart_Rod

Re: 1969 Burb build-up (Bags, 5.3/4L60E, repaint, interior....)

Slowly but surely making progress. The key for me has been making a little progress every day. I try to get 4-5 hrs on the weekend and at least 1 hr a night.

I didn't have much rust, but it affected 5 pieces that are all tied together creating a multi-dimensional metal jigsaw puzzle. I haven't kept track of my time, but I'm sure it's taken longer than some of our Pro's on this board. It definitely adds to my respect of some the guys that do this type of work with relative ease. After much "ciphering" I have figured out that the inner rockers are shorter on a truck than a suburban (lengthwise and widthwise). So after spending several hours trying to make the repop work, I finally took Rokcrawln's advice and built my own. Rok, not that I didn't believe you, but I had the repop so I thought I would try. I will build my own from now on.

When I got bored trying to fit the five dimensional metal puzzle together, I ground down most of the welds on the fire wall. Minimal brain power required to do that!
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote