View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
dromano

Brake Advise/Help

Howdy,

A little back round info on my Pick Up. I bought a '72 GMC Short Wide about a month ago that is in pretty decent shape. Upgrading suspension over the next few weeks. As well as lowering it 4" in front and 6" in the rear using an early classics kit.

Has front disc brakes and rear drums. I want to convert rear to disc for safety as well as aesthetics.

Truck is a pretty metallic blue and down the road I plan on putting some 5 spoke 20" rims on it.

I love the look of slotted/drilled bigger rotors and want red calipers. I have a 350 with an edelbrock carb and some hedman headers. Do not need to break the bank buying wilwood and or baer brake kits considering I'm not racing/touring it etc...

Trying to achieve one uniform look, i.e. same size slotted/drilled rotors, good quality red calipers on all four corners.

Any advise on how to get this done in the most economical way with out mix-matching parts as well as get it done all at once.

Let me know if you have any advise as well as brands/ parts you would recommend for this. Also show me some pictures of your four wheel disc brakes!

dromano is offline   Reply With Quote