View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 02:16 PM   #318
SkinnyG

Re: SkinnyG's '61 Apache

Spent some time at a local hot rod shop to see all their autobody stuff, and chat with the guys and the owner. Cool experience.

They had a late 40's Chevy truck that the truck owner had cut the cab to lengthen it a few inches, and then discovered he was in over his head, and brought it to them to fix. It wasn't properly braced, so it's a ton of work.

They had a sweet 510 - I asked if there was enough metal in it to weld to, and they said nope - they had close to $50,000 metal fabrication in it.

A neat 50's Apache that had the right corner of the cab stoved in 20 years ago, finally getting repaired. Damage was really extensive, and messed up everything up to the front clip as well. They showed me the super expensive aftermarket door that needed a port-a-power through the window to correct the shape enough for even the glass to fit.

A sweet '56 Nomad getting re-done, because the paint and bodywork done by another shop wasn't good enough for the car owner.

A gorgeous mall-rated 60's Blazer, lifted, huge rims, chrome everything, gorgeous interior, gorgeous paint, mural on the tailgate, not at ALL my style, but I can appreciate the work that went into it - you'd never drive it; it gets trailered everywhere.

A wack of other cool rides as well.

It inspired me to spend some time correcting the door gaps on my '61.

Lotus Super 7 Replica: Scratch-built street-legal rollerskate
SkinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote