View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 01:28 PM   #415
jr2

Re: How about some pictures of '73-'87 short beds

Quote:
Originally Posted by steemin_ehman View Post
jr2!! I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!! lol my truck has a big brother!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69BBsuburban View Post
I heard that!!! Same with mine.......
What's the exact color Jr??? Pearl in the clear???
It's House of Kolor Sunset Pearl. The color is actually multiple coats of the pearlescent orange. 9 COATS TO BE EXACT!! Coverd by 6 coats of clear. HOK states that you are supposed to use 2-3 Heavy coats but that is total bull$#%&!! We layed down 3 heavy coats and the paint looked like someone just puked on my truck!! It looked like crap. So we just continued to add color until I thought it looked RIGHT! All in all it took 3 times the amount of paint that HOK quoted me!! That equates to 3x the $$$$.

Funny story about that color-

2 weeks ago when I finally put the truck up for sale at the biggest local swap meet we have all year around here,(Monroe) another fellow had a 69 pickup that was supposedly sprayed with the same color I used. Well~ like my description above whoever shot it did just as HOK says to do. It looked like POOP! It was obvious that there was only 3 coats at best on the truck. I feel bad for the guy and heard a strory goin round that was pretty much the way it happened too. Also heard he was selling it becasue of it. I'd be interested to find out if that was the case?
-1967 Nova 2dr HT & a couple others...

Last edited by jr2; 05-31-2007 at 01:37 PM.