Thread: Former Glory
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #14
bundeber

Re: Former Glory

Finally some progress, actually a lot of progress. However my camera is not cooperating with my computer and is telling me that all my photo files are corrupt and unreadable... gotta love technology. Tried it on two different computers, and same results. Gonna try taking them to a photo store to see if they can get them onto a disk for me, funny that the camera can use the file to view them, but not my computers.

SO, I don't have any in progress work, just finished rust repair. Lets just say that two long nights and a zillion spot welds, and rockers, floor extensions, front section of the rear wheel wells, and a pillars are all repaired. Still have some final grinding to do on some of the welds, but my back wouldn't take anymore. I think some advil is in order tonight. Floors look a bit rusty yet, but I gave them the old screwdriver test to reveal weak spots and really the only ugly spot was on the drivers side. I used a good piece of the patch for the rear wheel well to make a floor piece. Gotta love recycling!

Cab supports were in excellent shape, in fact I found clean rust free metal under the rockers in most spots and in the rocker boxes too. I have pictures to prove it, but the above sob story covers that. SO today I went and took some crummy cell phone pictures. Better than nothing I guess!

Next step is to figure out my color scheme, pound out two small dents, the only two on the whole truck are minor, and get it painted. Anyone, know how to get at the back side of the bolts that hold the factory spare tire carrier on? Someone used the fire wrench on them, and I'd like to use the factory carrier if I can, so welding over them is not really an option.
Attached Images

bundeber is offline   Reply With Quote