View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #37
68Stepbed

Re: Burnouts and Idles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson6772 View Post
What magnaflows are those? How would you rate the volume? Drone?
I'm really not sure which mufflers these are. I told the exhaust shop to put them on. I never bothered looking at part numbers. If it's important to know, I could call the exhaust shop sometime and find out what they install.

As for volume, well, to me, they're not quite loud enough. At idle it's almost too subdued. I've heard other Magnaflow equipped vehicles that don't sound this quiet, so I'm thinking it may be the non-mandrel bent pipes changing the tone. I have a buddy that can tig weld, so I'm thinking of sometime down the road getting a madrel bent pipe kit, and building a new system and even adding cut-outs. I'll have my buddy tig weld all the joints so we can grind and smooth them all down, then have the system coated.

As for drone, it's not bad at all. These trucks are really never quiet, so along with all the other noises, the drone is not very noticeable. However, there is a heavy drone at certain speeds, but it's not at speeds where I spend the most time, so it's not constant.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote