View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 11:52 PM   #27
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Dude the vinyl flooring is $150 and well worth every penny. Did you check out this link? In all reality, all you need is vinyl floor covering for the front area. The rear still has decent floor covering if I recall correctly. The bedliner stuff is always good to put under the mat but don’t think you can just go with bedliner alone in the cab area and that is it. Bedliner alone is not near enough for sound deadening and keeping cab temps down. You’ll probably still want to use a little bit of jute, dynamat, etc. under the mat as well even with the bedliner stuff. Bill ran two trucks (the old yellow J20 and the blue Ram Charger) with only bedliner and they were horribly LOUD and excessively hot/cold. I drove my K10 across town from the Rhino shop to home and it was loud and hot. I would not want to drive any further like that. You will never be happy with just bedliner, especially if you go with us on a desert trip. You’ll cook in there like a shisk kaRob

Ya, the Heep is cool. Can't wait to go get it tomorrow. Hehe, no spider welding for me though. I’m not too worried about part availability as most everything I need is common stuff with Wagoneers. There are still plenty of those around in the yards and there is quite the loyal following online with lots of parts being repopped. If the old AMC driveline becomes a parts issue then it will become a complete GM driveline which will probably happen eventually anyway. I already found the release bearing retainer for the T19 online for $40 which I was surprised how easy it was to find. Now putting it back together after the old man seller took it all apart 5 years ago may prove challenging
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote