View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 07:02 PM   #1
1774btcrew

Hot stalling issue on 2001 Chevy Silverado 1500

I had did some searches on Google and on here and have not been able to come up with any definitive answers. I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado with just over 200,000 miles. It is a great truck and for the most part I have been very happy with it. Due to recent issues with it stalling, I don't feel I can trust it. The first time it stalled, it was just under 1/4 of a tank. I figured maybe the fingers were worn on the sender and it wasn't reading right. I filled it up and it still had 6 gallons. I went and had it scanned and it showed a fuel filter. I replaced that and it was still having the same issue which was it would lose power or stall when it was hot out or the truck had driven quite a few miles. It seemed like a fuel issue and with me not being the original owner, I figured it had to be a fuel pump. I pulled the bed and replaced it. The truck seemed to be doing fine so I made a 60 mile trip across town. I made it most of the way to my destination on the freeway and the truck started losing power. I could put my foot to the floor and it wouldn't pick up. It regained power and then intermittantly would stall or almost stall at low idle. I headed home after it cooled off and the truck did fine the full 60 miles home.(this was almost midnight and quite a bit cooler out). In the hot part of the day the truck was having the same issues. It was back down to a 1/4 tank so I filled it up. Ran great all day yesterday so I figured maybe I had gotten some bad fuel. Woke up this morning, drove for a while and it had the same issues. Rescanned it. This time it says it is the O2 sensor. I can't keep throwing parts at it. Any advice would be much appreciated. I am used to dealing with squarebodies.

1972 Cheyenne Super Short Bed big block "Blackie"
1977 Crew Cab GMC Short bed with 4BT Intercooled Cummins Diesel and a 4L80e "The Junkyard Dog"
1985 Crew Cab Chevy dually with 5.9 Cummins "The Big Dog" This is what my dad liked to be called by the grandkids before he passed so it seems fitting for his old truck.
1774btcrew is offline   Reply With Quote