View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 09:45 PM   #6
undeadchevy

Re: c10 driveshaft lenghts

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
their only std for the model that they were made for. just get the tube lengthened or shortened to what you need . get the yokes that you require.
you may find one out there the right length but the ujoints and or yoke may be different. then that it was taken out of something else, is it still true( where did that vibration come from?)the time that you spend looking plus your going to have to change the joints anyway, it will be less expensive just to get it done.
when you play with vehicles sometimes not everything comes from a store.
ron
Let me explain little more what i need this for. i have a two piece drive shaft out of early 90's 1500 in my bagged 1963 (that I fabricated myself NOT BOUGHT FROM A STORE). I have recently decided to upgrade from a 283 with a saginaw 3 speed to a mild 350 with 350 turbo trans. Now considering the issues with having the truck bagged and now needing a shorter drive shaft my carrier bearing location will not work and I'm thinking of going back to a one piece driveshaft. I don't have to original driveshaft anymore due to it being bent, I'im looking for a replacement that will either work or be close to the length i need. so any real help here would be greatly appreciated.
undeadchevy is offline   Reply With Quote