View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 10:45 AM   #14
DJ_Baar

Re: My '67 Chevy C20 "Camper Special" Build

Got some serious rust damage done to radiator support and inner fenders welded with some homemade patches and a little POR15 epoxy putty. This stuff really works. Surprisingly it was not the battery on passenger side but windshield washer bottle that leaked and rusted 2/3 of inner fender to radiator support away. Sorry didn't get pictures of before I repaired. I like to use rubberized undercoat then paint what will be exposed to road grime --- tire side of inner fenders.

I really like POR15 epoxy putty. When they say you can drill and tap it they are not kidding! I used it to fix an anchor nut I could not get to when fixing Driver side cab floor to front pillar at bottom (earlier).

Note: had extra weight in truck bed to help keep it on jack stands Using yard supplies for my wife like top soil, sand, and potting soil. Just had hurricane Nate near here, lucky for us it moved about 90 miles east to Biloxi. Nice for sitting inner fenders on as I painted top and bottom after storm passed NOLA.

DJ
Attached Images

DJ_Baar is offline   Reply With Quote