View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 08:37 AM   #62
LT7A

Re: Rear Posi (is it worth the money)

Hey, 1969, after all that discussion, I saw that no one commented after you posted the specifics and modifications to your engine. My input is that yes, you have invested in making power in a fairly serious manner. I'd love to be able to have a set of Dart heads myself. I think that posi is a logical next step when you put that much money into an engine. You're going to be making some decent power and torque, and generally speaking, posi is what is what can help you use that power. Obviously tires are important, and other suspension components, but if had made those engine modifications, posi would probably be the next thing on my list. I think you'll also need some lower gearing to take advantage of those engine modifications. You said it's a fun truck, not a dd. Going to at least 3.42, and probably 3.73 is what is going to take advantage of the modifications you made to the engine. Then posi will help you hook up that power. Obviously you need to consider what the gears will do to highway RPMs if you drive much at highway speeds.

In kind of a summary, I would say that you generally would not need posi with 3.08 gears. But improving a motor to the point of having high performance heads, I would definitely change the gears and install posi.

Last edited by LT7A; 03-02-2024 at 08:50 AM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote