View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: 1970 VA Longbed Project

The first thing i did was get inner fenders and radiator support. (Thanks Ridgeback ) I have also already sourced seats from a 2001 Chevy truck 402040 with integral seat belts. They have one tear in the driver's seat but i will eventually recover them in leather. I also have new front and rear chrome bumpers. As you've seen from the pics, the PO converted the front to 72 specs. I have a new chrome grille surround with chrome headlight buckets and bezels. I also have the clear 72 parking lenses. I will be painting the radiator support, inner fenders, and hinges/brackets blue to match the truck. I want an overall clean and "smooth" look without totally smoothing the truck. It will still have drip rails, handles, mirrors, locks, & stake holes, but no moldings other than the front grille and window moldings. I recently got a Free Rear window with gaskets and metal trim from Athey's trucks in Front royal. (Thank you )He also gave me some other parts and i have purchased several things there at very good prices. I already have all new locks and keys, new pedals with deluxe trim, new glovebox, weatherstripping, stainless bolt sets, etc. in about 6 boxes in my garage just waiting for me to have time to work on the truck. Below are pictures with the interior gutted (i removed the gas tank tonight) Also shows when i test fit the new seats i'll be running, shows the underside of the cowl hood (the paint color i will be using but it will be a little darker with more blue and purple pearl and some more metallic flake.) Finally, the front end beginning to be torn down
Name:  P1020893.jpg
Views: 7111
Size:  73.8 KB

Name:  P1020895.jpg
Views: 7081
Size:  49.4 KB

Name:  P1020897.jpg
Views: 7062
Size:  69.5 KB

Name:  P1020902.jpg
Views: 7041
Size:  57.7 KB