View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 09:16 PM   #2
BOSS
Just here to help

Westcoaster

Hello

Thanks for the nomination. When I started looking for a 67-72 I wanted a clean base, a truck I could update and drive on extended camping and fishing trips. I found the truck in a hay barn, she had been sitting for about 10 years, I bought it on the spot. After about 5 weeks of intense work late into the night, I have what I was looking for, a solid truck that I use regularly for recreation and get nods of approval from old-timers and youngsters alike.

She is a 1970 GMC Camper Special. Original miles were 59,567, faded paint, minor dings, rotten rubber. She has a 350/350 combo with 4:10 Dana 60 rearend. I did all the body work and stripped it of everything for a trip to the paint shop. The paint guys shot the original colors and helped installing the new trim pieces.

I added MSD 6A ignition, billet distributor and coil, Edelbrock Q-jet, Alcoa 16" wheels, re upholstered seat, all new door and window rubber, carpet, rebuilt stock AC/heater system, Complete 2.5 exhaust w/Flow-masters, Disc brakes from a late model 3/4 ton, late model PS box and master cylinder, Delco 130 Amp Alternator w/dual Optima batteries.

The 4WD PopTop Camper that sits in the back was a surprise 20th wedding anniversary gift from my loving and very understanding wife. We have put about 6000 miles on the GMC on various trips, the longest was 2200 miles without so much as a hick-up from the the GMC. I love my truck, SO also.

Thanks again for the nomination and good luck to all the guys and their trucks.

Westcoaster

Norwood Survivor
BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote