View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 01:56 AM   #111
jlsanborn

Re: My '67 Fleetside C10 renew

Made some progress. Well, the boy has. I got the sheetrock taped, drawers made and am starting on the fronts. Bla, bla, bla. Sounds like I'm crying, but that bathroom really was NASTY and needed done. Gotta keep Wifey happy too!
I never did get any response from Rob on the No Limit stuff. I posted, PM'd and emailed, but didn't call. I'm sure if I had gotten on the phone they would have helped. We just mounted the side bracket like it should be and welded the cross memeber and lower bracket. I only used about half the fastners sent with the kits. The grade 8 screws are nice but the grade 2 stuff to go with is really bad. I wouldn't put a kid's swing set together with hardware like that. I inquired about the rear sway bar kit, but only heard that "it's in production". I asked when they thought it'd be available but never heard back. I'll buy one when they're ready. I am happy with the parts - enough on that.
Lower control arm cross shafts SUCK! We didn't think twice about tearing them apart so I could relocate the locating hole and clean them up. Actually, the boy tore them down and told me it was a PITA, but it wasn't until we went to reassemble them tonight that I realized what he was talking about. SCOTI posted some help for someone that helped me out too. Once I realized how they actually even work I understood what he was saying and what it takes to put them together right. Those things are tighter than the hubs H-E-double hockey sticks! I never did get the dust seals back in where they are supposed to go. How the heck are you supposed to do that? I also read some business about upgrading to 73-87 down there? What's that all about?
I'll put some pics up in the next day or two.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776

Last edited by jlsanborn; 07-18-2012 at 01:58 AM. Reason: stoopid spelling
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote