View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 02:05 PM   #1
RyanAK

60-66 Suburban Challenges

Hey, fellas. First time considering moving into the 60-66 era. I've owned a '71 C10 Suburban and have daily driven (12,000mi+ each year) my '78 K10 for the last 3.5 years. I've been looking for a K14 Carryall to semi-daily and could use some advice from those with experience with these trucks. Specifically, the challenges that a working guy with a young family may face driving a 60-year-old rig on a regular basis.

First challenge with some of the ones I've looked at has been seating. How easy is it to track down OE seats for these?

How is the aftermarket support? It looks like a lot of components that are shared with the trucks is available, but things that are Suburban-specific may be a challenge.

How are the road manners? Whatever I own sees duty as a true 4x4, but certainly the majority of the time is on pavement. Stock driveline able to keep up with modern small-town and rural traffic? The two most recent trucks I've looked at were 292 I-6 and 305 V6... and I don't have any experience with those. Gearing seems to be 3.54 or 3.73.

This feels like the next direction I want to go. I haven't owned a late model for 4 years now. The '78 K10 and '63 Cutlass suit me and my family just fine. (Especially since dear wife drives a '17!)

Appreciate any and all feedback.
R

Meet 'Earl', '71 C10 Suburban - Sold, but not forgotten...

Meet... yet to be named, ‘78 K10 Suburban Daily Driver
RyanAK is offline   Reply With Quote