View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #20
yousesteers

Re: "Brown Truck" 1984 K30 Crew Cab

Now that the mounts and cross member are in the turck it was time to sit the motor in but not before paint. The motor was put back on the Cherry picker and moved outside the shop and painted Chevy Engine Enamel Orange.

After the paint the motor was sit in the truck on the new mounts

As you can see in the next picture the front crossmember had to be trimmed to clear the harmonic balancer when you do this wat the brake lines that run across it

After the motor was set in place I put the Transmision and the transfer case in I am running a NV4500 out of the Dodge pickup that came behind this Cummins and a NP205 Tranfer Case that came out of a 1989-1993 Dodge. This 205 transfer uses a factory adapter the make it a round bolt pattern instead of the figure 8 and is 29 spline just like the NV 4500 that Dodge uses. here is a picture of the 205 they are not easy to find these were only used by Dodge for 5 years and only on Cummins equipped 5 speed trucks I found this one on craigslist. To mount the 205 to the transmission you have to remove the seal out of the back of the transmission and allow it to run fluid in to the adapter. This is because the 205 has a longer coupling than the 241dld the front seal on the transfer case will keep them from swapping fluids I put gaskets in the adapter wher it bolts to the transfer case and the transmission

and it laying beside the 241 case

Once the transmission and the Transfer was in it was time to figure out a Tranny Crossmember. I used the factory Chevrolet cross member and moved it back and put a 2 inch block on top of it to make the motor and transmission sit level. In the picture you can see the factory holes in the frame for the cross member and where it sits now.

1966 IH Scout has been a work in progress for 16 yrs

Last edited by yousesteers; 12-04-2011 at 11:47 PM.
yousesteers is offline   Reply With Quote