View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 10:52 AM   #310
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Rear bumper went on.

Bracket for the S10 frame:

Installed:

Official engineering test...jumped up and down on the bumper and it didn't break!

I'm trying to get the truck legal so the police, and my wife, will stay off my case. Turns out there are a few issues that are holding me up.

1. The vacuum wiper motor isn't strong enough to move the new wiper blade. Might have to convert to electric afterall.

2. Washer jets are required in Pennsylvania. That's not even something that came stock with these trucks so I'm not sure if I can get away with not having them.

3. I broke the darn hazard switch on my eBay steering column so now I don't have hazard lights. Its attached to a thin plastic bracket internally. Poor design in my opinion since some light pressure the wrong way on the handle broke it off. Hoping I can rig up an external switch to the hazard wire on the column wiring and be done with it.

In good news, got the two craigslist special front wheels installed and didn't need any spacers! Looks so much better, but now I'm ready for drop spindles.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote