View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 08:25 PM   #1
bigbadchev72
People know me

What cab should I use?

Sorry in advance for no pics, Ever since photobucket got jacked up I dont have a free hosting service anymore.

I have a 68' Longbox that I cut down to a shortbox that I am building for my wife. I also have a true 68' shortbox 4x4 that I am going to cut a longbox bed down to put on it since the original is more work than I care to mess with.

Both are complete frame offs, I have 2 cabs obviously, I have a high hump cab and I have a 2wd low hump cab that is a complete floor (Hump does not bolt in) the top of the cab had gotten caved in before I got it, It was dropped off the trailer after coming back from soda blasting. I had another cab that i grafted the roof onto it to fix the 2wd cab. It has the factory cargo light in it.

My problem is I dont remember seeing many 2wds that have the cargo light in them, I kinda feel like I should use that cab for the 4wd frame and use the other one for the 2wd.

So I guess what I am asking is for pictures or opinions on a cargo light cab on a 2wd truck or was this a 4wd option only? Again I apologize for no pics. I got a couple of neat trucks I am building, but refuse to pay for a hosting service
1972 k/5 blazer CST 4X4 Crate 350, th350/205, dana44with trac-loc/14 bolt with detroit locker, 4 wheel discs 4.56s, 8" suspension lift using 73-87springs, 1" zerorate custom front crossmember, HAD CV drivelines and driveshaft e-brake, full cage, PRP seats, Full autometer gauges, 38x14.5x16 Toyo M/Ts, 16x10 Polished aluminum rockcrusher wheels

1967 longbox 4x4, Strong 400/400/208, 44/12bolt 4.10s, 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/Ts on corvette rally wheels
bigbadchev72 is offline   Reply With Quote