View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #25
spenceman72

Re: Unknown wire in engine bulkhead connector ???

Old thread here but helpful in what I'm trying to track down.
It seems that my 72 Blazer (4 speed manual, 4x4, HEI, elec. choke) was wired for this as the pictures show.
4 wires coming out of the firewall (thick red, black, blue, brown/wt stripe), all going across to the passenger side. The red wire went nowhere..was just dangling loose behind the motor. The blue and brown/wt stripe wire went into a connecter and was joined with a green/wt stripe wire that was connected behind the block on the passenger side but went no where. The black wire went behind the engine and is connected to the top of the transmission, right by the 2 wires which I believe are for the back up lights.
Everything seems to be running fine and I'd like to just remove these wires to clean things up, but 2 of them are actually connected. The black wire to the top of the transmission, and then the brown/wt stripe wire about 6 inches where it comes out of the firewall has a connection to a black wire, that runs back into the firewall. Now-since this brown/wt stripe wire wasn't connected to anything but that connecter on the passenger side, perhaps I can remove this? Hopefully my pictures below help..
Attached Images

spenceman72 is offline   Reply With Quote