Thread: My 1st 68 panel
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 12:59 PM   #75
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: My 1st 68 panel

While I await other parts to come in I figured I would spend today gutting the interior up front. It had aftermarket seats (with custom mount blocks) which had to go, badly faded carpet as well as a Herman Munster goes to war shifter. All of that is removed so that I can attend to the few spots in the floor that have been badly butchered by others. I have come to the conclusion that they were unaware you could A) use metal to do repairs correctly and B) if you are going to use body filler, you do NOT have to mix and use the entire 5 gallon tub. It looks like they just poured it in the DS rocker panel as it was almost completely full of filler. Then they poured it all over the top of the rocker and ever so gently mad a sweeping curve up to the top of the gasket pinch and slapped some paint over it. Surprising part is the floor is not in very bad shape. Once I did manage to get to the bits of metal they (ahem) welded in I understood why they top coated it all in filler

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote