View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 04:26 AM   #1
69 Short Fleet

Thumbs down No More Craftsman Tools For Me

The newer Craftsman tools are CRAP IMO. It started with the gears in my 1/4" & 3/8" ratchets some time ago out of a newer socket set. The tumbler inside BOTH of them started to jam and I could not switch from CW to CCW or vice versa, I take them back to get them replaced and was dealing with a real moron in the tool dept. with an attitude (this one I'll let slide, as it can happen anywhere with any retailer). I get my new ratchets and they gave me a new style with a push button on the switch, which actually worked out good for me as one of my arms does not work very well and makes changing sockets easier but now the same thing is happening with the switches/gears on them AND there is way too much play in them. The frigging plastic socket case broke and they don't make replacements for them.
Now my (*%&*(($#$#@ chopsaw (3 years old & just off of waranty) has packed it in as the base plate is grinding and jammed so I got it back to 90 deg. after working on it for 1 1/2 hours and the piece of CRAP will not mitre as I can't adjust it above or below 90 deg. Niiiiiiiiiiiice. I am in the middle of rebuilding a deck for my mom and this happens.
My friend lends me his Craftsman circular saw for cutting plywood this thing was made in 1957 weighs a ton (no plastic crap) Old School Craftsman and this thing is one of the most beautiful tools I've ever used, you would think your using a table saw after inspecting you work. Interesting how time or shd. I say $$$GREED$$$ changes things. The thing is that I really look after my tools (more than the average person) and respect them (except my hammer, lol) I'm not sorry for venting this is a crock of crap & someone up the ladder at Sears is going to be getting an e-mail from me. I have been slowly replacing my tools with Snap-on, Klein, Fluke ect.

(no people or animals were hurt in the making of this thread, but lots of swear words were used)

LOL. Doug
69 Short Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote