View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 09:02 PM   #7
64shortbox

Re: Budget air bag setup?

jkran89,
I don't know how low budget you wanted to go - I went real low budget. I bought my air bags, Viair 380C compressor and air tank all used for $100.00 off Craigslist. Originally off an S 10. The S 10 air bag cups didn't fit my application so I made my own from some 4" schedule 80 pipe (scrap from my work) and some scrap 1/4" plate. I never got around to mounting my compressor or tank and just ran individual air lines to some schrader valves I installed on my bumper brackets. But on my other truck I installed them through my unused license plate mounting holes. That truck still has the black plastic dealer frame around the plate and with the black valve stem caps on you have to look real hard to even see them. When I built my cups I just went 1/2 way between compressed and fully extended and it worked out real well for me. I removed the springs and am just running Bags at 45 PSI and the truck has a nice ride.
If you want to see how I mounted my schrader valves check out this link: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...613097&page=32

Scroll down to post #786 and get past my seat pictures and the last 2 are of where I mounted the schrader valves but I honestly think using the license plate frame holes would be a better location. With a chrome frame just use chrome valve stem caps and I'm sure they would be almost invisible to the casual observer.
64shortbox is offline   Reply With Quote