View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 12:33 AM   #104
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: 71 Blazer "Finishing Touches"

Then, I get a text late morning today....big gust of wind and the paint booth leaned over. Didn't do any damage to the truck but the plastic ripped and since the wind was on and off....we decided to move the truck inside the shop after all....so a day wasted on a booth....oh well. things happen.

Jason got a first coat of primer on everything but the new tailgate and the doors. Came by to block sand this evening. A couple spots that looked fine before primer need more attention (amazing how it shows things up) so we're going to use some "icing" (lightweight filler/putty) to get those perfect and then sand and apply one more coat of primer before paint. The truck is coming out so nice and everything else is so nice we decided to take the paint job to the next level.

Took the hood off and sanded that down...had some runs in the finish that weren't going to be up to par with the build. Re-doing the fenders even though the PO had jammed them because there were some scratches from his fitting them on. And re-doing the windshield frame because of some small scratches.

Here's the hood, some of the blocking tools we used, and the SPID which I'm not sure I'd posted before...