View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 11:16 AM   #8
SCOTI

Re: 73 Squarebody Suspension Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziegelsteinfaust View Post
First set a budget that is good with you, and or the wife. Or ask for forgiveness afterwards. That's up to you there.

Then set goals, and be honest with yourself. Do you want this truck to hang with sports cars? Or handle very nicely, and still make homedepot runs? Is towing in your future? All of these things will effect other things negatively to some extent, and in there is a happy medium that YOU can live with. Then look at the budget to confirm.

QA1 for instance makes a damn fine bolt on kit. As do Detroit speed, and something like 10 other companies. All from $4000-15000 all in.

Myself I am poor. So I am sectioning a crossmember, and relocating the A-arms to get more action out of them. Like the Gulstrand or Shelby mods.

The biggest gains in the handling department are shocks, and tires. It doesn't matter if the suspension is improved or not. The suspension upgrades make a vehicle more predictable especially at the edge of performance thus allowing you to push your tires harder.
Have you plotted out what benefits there will be from doing the "Gulstrand/Shelby" mods? I'm curious of what gains are achieved.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote