View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:54 AM   #8
k2c1959
OLD FART(I GUESS)

Re: 67-72 Flowtech Headers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billla View Post
AVOID. I purchased a set of these for $105 from Summit Racing as a "cheap" pair of headers. They come very complete with collectors, gaskets and all the nuts and bolts.

The "quality" of these headers is extremely poor. The flanges are NOT flat - I took a file to mine just to try to get them close. The welds suck, and event the paint on the tubes is pretty spotty - I know it wouldn't be on there long anyway...but still

I went to put them on today and had significant interference with the motor mounts. It would have taken 1/4"+ of "clearancing" (i.e., beating a dent in" the front pipe to make them fit. You can see from the picture posted on the link below the difference in the first pipe between the Flowtech and Hooker headers.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...13#post2017213

Bottom line: IMHO, they don't fit and aren't worth even the low price. Note that others have had good experiences with them, so this may just be a clearance issue with my particular truck.
hate to hear you had problems with these.
i actually bought a set of flowtech for my 67 and had no problems. of course they weren't actually cheap.. 365.00 matter of fact. ceramic coated with 1 1/2 inch pipes and 3 inch collectors. must have made my set on a good day..
1972 LB Fleet

....RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH A SKETCH IS TO ART....
k2c1959 is offline   Reply With Quote