View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 01:46 AM   #18
cornerstone

Re: Holley oil pan blues

Good grief....

The good news is the 2 M14 bolts with a 2.0 thread pitch from Bolt Depot arrived early. The bad news is they don't fit either. They only got 1 full thread in before it was obviously not going to work. At least it was only a 9$ mistake, the shipping cost twice as much as the bolts did.

I'd like to blame it on the parts counter guy at O'Reilly, but that'd be a partial truth. It was an M14 x 1.50 all along. I'm guessing the first one I tried was not really the right one, perhaps incorrectly packaged?

I stopped by the parts house again and picked up a different version of the same size drain plug and it perfectly sealed up tight with no thread damage. Thank the Lord.

I don't know how my brain wasn't able to logically figure this out, which led me to ask you guys for help, but what a pain in the backside. I'm gonna call this my first official senior moment. Sorry to waste every ones time.

Carry on.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote