View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 10:55 AM   #37
landarts
landarts

Re: 71 K20 Idaho Edition

Spent the afternoon Thursday cleaning up garage and moving items around to make room for final push on body work and paint. Pulled in the old wooden cart for now to get the bed off of the truck with my newly built scrap metal adjustable bed remover. Early this morning I cut a few pieces of 3/4" thick rubber mat I had saved a while back and secured it to the tops of the metal outriggers that will be touching the bed for removal.

Now that all the boxes were checked and items out of the way I thought I would try placing the forward most outrigger about 18" forward of the middle stake pocket to see if that would be the center line for removal. I raised it up about an inch off the 4x4 post it was setting on and it seemed to have a little bit of a tail heavy position so I lowered it down and moved everything back about an inch or so and that was the money shot. All balanced and ready to remove. About four or five cranks on the lift and it was ready for the truck to be driven out from under it and the wooden cart place under. Dropped it down on the cart and moved it over into the middle of the shop and moved truck back in to get ready for some work.

At this point truck is still drivable but will need to setup a few temporary lights on the back if I need to drive out of the neighborhood. Don't really feel the need to do that since I have 2009 Silverado and my 72 Cheyenne that I can drive. Anyways will probably at some point power wash and scrub down the rear frame and get a coat of paint or 3M undercoat on it while the bed is off. Take care of mounting the new shocks and fixing the bent up spare tire crossbar.
Attached Images

Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
69 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer

Last edited by landarts; 02-26-2021 at 11:10 AM.
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote