View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 07:44 AM   #36
special-K
Special Order

Re: Jim Carter Trucks - Unethical Business Practices

I`ll have to step in and defend Jim Carter`s reputation.As usaul you all jump on the bandwagon and pounce like a pack of dogs.This was obvious to me to be a simple case of a website that was not updated.
Jim Carter is one if the most honest and knowledgeable dealers you will ever meet.He is a small business,yet has been dealing in these trucks since way before the repro market and internet sprung up all these vendors we see now.Including "all" of our site vendors.If not for Jim Carter and a handful of others this hobby would not be where it is today.
The price was not changed after the sale.The site was outdated,just like a catalog gets.He should have kept it more updated.He should not have been slandered over your $10 until the situation was resolved,which it was.And,then,posted in the review board,not here.Makes me think you may not have paid attention to his policies posted on his site like you didn`t here.
You bought these electronically with no personal contact,they responded the same through e-mail.Why didn`t you call them and varify the price since the site does state prices subject to change?If someone deals on the phone they`d respond on the phone.That`s been my experience and what I prefer.Mostly because I grew up with personal contact being the only way.It still works best.Have we become too push button and instant gratificatiion oriented?Ya think??
You`re reporting to the BBB when he rectified the problem?He`s taking a loss for his mistake.Damned noble in my book!Are you yet another person that can see no fault in his own actions?This was a simple mistake that was rectified and you`re blowing it way out of proportion.
Take a chill pill and think about it.I wonder what you would have done had this been reversed.If anything,Jim Carter should skip the whole internet thing.He probably doesn`t need it.He did just fine before all this technology.It`s not his strong point,like me,I`m sure.I see that there can be flaws in this instant system many have come(or grown up with if you`re young enough)to take for granted.It`s not a perfect world and internet purchasing is no exception.
Does Ebay call you or e-mail?Does this site call you or e-mail/pm?Electronic gets electronic.Phone call gets phone call.Letter(heaven forbid)gets letter.Knock on door gets knock on door.You still can`t beat a look in the eye and a handshake and that`s the kinda of man Jim Cater is.His word is his bond,period.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 09-05-2007 at 07:49 AM.