View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 07:56 PM   #1
tgdoumit

Arrow Moby: 88 Suburban / Cummins Project

This is a build thread which i have been posting on another couple of websites but this one seems vastly more appropriate since it is all about squares!

I'm gonna start with a bunch of pictures probably and try to add some descriptions below each to start. so, basically i'm going to give the abridged version thus far and skip all the boring stuff thus far... lack of capitals and misspelling is included at no charge. it's just the way it is and I'm sure you will pick up what I'm blabbing about from here on out.

ready to palaver about my truck? me too...

this is my 88 suburban 3/4 ton which i parted out everything from the frame down including the motor. i liked the body. it was running okay when i parked it in the shop and the fella who bought the engine was able to start it up and run it before he bought it...

junk in the trunk! thats a big fat rear end there! dana 80 out of the donor rig. it is open diffed with 3.54's and drums which will prolly be disks someday.

breaking the cummins and vacuum pump down for a go through. the cummins ran awesome so i left the big stuff alone and i resealed everything except the head.

this is a unicorn or a hens tooth! it's a 78 ford f-350 snow fighter axle high pinion dana 60! i like to say snow fighter!!! anyways, i wanted a driver's drop and this axle covers that plus gives me a little extra room if i decide to link the front or do something else... i have options. i like options...

there is one happy boy. i work with his dad and gave them a great deal on the loot they took. sorta paying it forward. it is in his truck and driving now.

put cummins beige which i like to call turkey turd tan on the engine. its their marine color and i wanted that motor to look like it didn't belong...

look how clean it comes with easy-off oven cleaner! this thing was black before.

went with a south bend clutch 13" somewhat bigger than before.

I've had three kids helping me with the build so far. my 13yo daughter and i installed the nv4500 transmission. my 17yo boy helped install the clutch... it's good having a man sized kid around.

ill be back with a few more pics...
tgdoumit is offline   Reply With Quote