View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 10:06 PM   #188
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

went to the hutch swap meet and scored belltech drop spindles and drop springs for the next truck! woot!

finished the floor repairs today. should work nicely. I pulled all the assembly screws except one accidentaly hit it with the welder and its permanent now.

whitewalls are here, man summit is outstanding for shipping, ordered late wednesday had everything friday noon! undecided on wheel color, decided to give the bronze metallic, the color I was thinking of using on the windshield frame because it kind of matches the other windows, a try. I like it

now cap? or no cap?

I love those impala poverty caps, I ran the identical cap (except they had buick emblem instead of the bowtie) on my 65 and loved the look, maybe I will get the tires mounted and see what I think. I also have a 60s set of baby moons to try, but I think the chrome acorn nut look and no caps will be what I settle on.

jeeze. with all the planning, I still make mistakes. tried out the borgeson collapsible shaft today too. perfect length, right u joints, everything good except

it only needs about 1/4" to line up so tomorrow I will modify the alternator support and take off the offending nut. it fits everywhere else just fine.

more to come! my oldest has come for a visit so I have weird work hours this week.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote