Thread: Project NOT4SLE
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #82
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

Re: Project NOT4SLE

Well I ran some errands today and grabbed some parts, changed the engine oil, changed the upper radiator hose which no matter what would leak a bit at the housing (found a pin hole in it I think), and got to doing some more work on her. never got the truck out as the parts I needed to go to vin check were not installed till today.

I purchased a new set of rear bumper brackets. When I bought a cab a few months ago the guy gave me a chrome bumper.

I bought the rear mounts and they are the exact same weight (on my shipping scale) as the ones on the truck and fit EXACTLY perfect.

i also purchased a license plate mount and light as well as some tail light and reverse lenses.

I had to stop installing the bumper as the chrome carriage bolts I had had a shoulder that was to tall after going through the bumper and the brakcets would not tighten down. Hopefully Tuckers will have those tomorrow when I run by.

I also installed the seat and seatbelts as well

When done I installed a new ignition bezel and switch. I had a problem which I thought was a solenoid or bad ground. Sometimes when cranking the motor it would just click and then crank. It ended up being recommended I replace the ignition switch and she fires right up now.
The bad was the interior on this truck was what I thought in great condition until the new bezel chrome looks ten times better then the cigarette lighter bezel

Tomorrow Ill be getting the correct carriage bolts for the bumper and getting it on. Then going to smog it and vin check, title, and register it.
vegaschevy is offline   Reply With Quote