View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 06:42 PM   #30
SCOTI

Re: Stopped by the ford dealership

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
For me it would be "everybody" I see. As far as when I had a wife goes. I clearly remember several occasions where she would be talking for 20 minutes or so and I'd realize I had no idea what she had been talking about since I hadn't listened to a word.

It's funny people refer to being brand loyal. I never looked at it that way. More like true to myself. It's about me. I had my reasons, and there were many, to become a Chevy/GM guy at a point in life and I'm stickin' with it until I have a reason to switch. Just how I want to be. I don't like a hodge podge in my driveway. I like consistency, being solid, knowing what I like.

No, it won't hurt their bottom line. That's why they dropped them. But, I think it will be the opposite. The few late model short beds available will be highly sought after. There are those seeking now and there are those who don't think much of them now who will be as time goes by. It will be like the convertible or any other variation taken from us after some time passes. Look at the popularity of station wagons. Remember when wagons weren't cool? I do, when I bought my son a near mint '65 Biscayne Wagon for $2k. Now people go after 4dr Sedans. I never thought Square bodies were anything special when they were the current style. But they were Chevy Trucks and I was a Chevy Truck guy
The circle.... They last year model single cab SWB's will be the 'desirable' once again just like 6x-87 C10 short beds are. Only, it will happen sooner vs. later.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote