View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 10:17 PM   #769
HeavyHauler

Re: D52 Caliper Rear Disc Brake Brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Everything that I make is exactly for what I say the application is. I do not make parts that do not fit or work. Those levers, cable brackets and springs ARE for the '76-'78 Eldorado calipers and not for the '79-'85 calipers. You have to drill and tap a 5/16"-18 hole to bolt the cable brackets to the calipers. There is no other way to mount a cable bracket to those calipers. Not all of the '76-'78 Eldorado calipers have the threaded hole for bolting the cable bracket to them. I assumed you were aware of this since you asked about purchasing the levers, cable brackets and spring kit from me. If you are unhappy with your purchase, please return it for a refund.
I was aware that some 76-78 Eldorado calipers being sold did not have the levers and brackets so I would need to buy them separately. But absolutely did not know that they didnt even have a hole for the bracket to bolt onto. I dont think anybody would have thought about that being a thing.

I dont know where exactly to drill the hole or know anybody who can do that. I will see if I can find somebody local who can but if not I will contact you for refund then. I would rather have them work.
HeavyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote