View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 12:47 PM   #11
shortboxin

Re: 5.3 C10 Swap Idle Issue

First off, I want to say thank you so much for all of the feedback skyphix! I really appreciate it a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyphix View Post
So, the PCM is from the same Z code vehicle right? Z code means flex fuel injectors which I assume you probably already know, and are different than the normal 24lb injectors in the non flex vehicles. If the injector parameters are off, it would cause this issue.
It is the Z code PCM and the injectors are from the same vehicle, yes. I am unsure of what parameters this guy used since I mailed it to him and there was zero communication from him. Not even a note as to whether or not he got the specs from me.

Quote:
EVAP purge at the front of the intake is what I was most concerned about. I blocked mine off. And the big brake booster 3/8 barbed fitting was the one that got me - totally forgot to plug that and it did what you describe.
I'm running my HVAC controls in the cab off of a tee in this line, but the issue has been there since day one before I tapped into this hose on Monday.

Quote:
My suggestion would be fuel pressure (could even be too high if you’re not running a return system and don’t have any regulator online,) clean the throttle body thoroughly. If neither of those address it, a conversation with the tuner to verify your injector settings are correct.
Running the factory vacuum controlled regulator on this thing. It's unlikely that I'll be able to get any communication with the tuner as he just doesn't respond to anything. Sadly, I'll probably have to get another PCM and get it programmed by someone else to see if that's it.
shortboxin is offline   Reply With Quote