View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
PHOENIX

Thumbs down AZ - Lopers High Performance, Arizona Automotive

THIS IS AN UPDATE

Lopers Performance Center (AKA Arizona Automotive AKA Hy-Tech) was to set my carb and distributor for emissions, then I would return the truck for performance setting.

They did make some adjustment to the carb, but could not explain what.
They did confirm that no jetting or metering rods were replaced/removed.
They also made no changes to the mixture screws on the front of the carb.
They also plugged my egr valve vacuum line to solve my stumbling egr problem.
The truck failed emissions of course.
I demanded my money back and the owner (Mike Kelly) was very unprofessional and stood by his mans half ass repair.
He also made a threat that he knows where I live if I make a complaint.
Of course I made many complaint and he still have not came by.
I made a complaint to the BBB at which Lopers failed to reply.
They now have an unsatisfactory report with the BBB.
So thats something, but how many people really check the BBB?

I also tried disputing the charges with my credit card company (Chase) which I used to pay for the "service". Chase explained to me that with automotive service shops I must give them a second chance to make the repair correct. I explained to them that they are standing by their illegal modification to an emissions component and I refuse to let them touch my truck again. They have already refused to change it. Plus the owner made threats if I dispute the charge. They told me to put it in writing. I put it in writing and sent it to them. They again refused to dispute the charge based on their policy of you must give them a second chance. This second chance thing makes sense, but not in all situations. I am very unhappy with my Chase credit card service because of this and plan to cancel the card as soon as I pay it off. Hopefully by January.

I plan to make a few more calls and inform my credit card company that the BBB has attempted to resolve this issue and the company made no attempt to reply. At the very least I think the credit card company should write them a letter demanding a response on this issue and see what happens.

ARIZONA (PHOENIX) MEMBERS STAY AWAY FROM LOPERS AND THEIR SERVICE CENTER!

LOPER'S HI PERFORMANCE CENTER
916 E. Indian School Road
PHOENIX, AZ

Last edited by PHOENIX; 12-08-2004 at 01:58 PM.
PHOENIX is offline   Reply With Quote