Thread: CPP Rant !!!
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #53
leddzepp

Re: CPP Rant !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huero View Post
That is my point, bro.
CPP makes crap and they buy the cheapest of replacement parts!
Next time you go and spend your hard earned American dollars, ask the guys at CPP if the parts your are buying are Made in the USA. Say what you want but offshore parts will never be in the same league as USA made parts.
I think the person who made this rant is like alot of us on this site and cares about the smallest of details when building our projects. I understand the washer makes no differance in that application but, I also understand his rant about spending $250 for parts that are inferior to stock pieces. I bet anyone here those CPP pieces will fail in any fatigue test compared to say a 72 stock spindle.
As, if we have not seen enough fabbing required to install CPP parts when they tell you you are buying a bolt on kit.
I am out bro!

CPP parts are made in USA. I bought a set of Western drop spindles for my 72. The 71-72 drop spindles they sell are manufactured by Western (USA)....the ones they sell that use the later (73-up) ball joints are their own brand. I live locally to them, and have never had a problem with parts fitment or help. Most of the rants I see about them are because of shipping problems. My suggestion to you would be to buy from a local vendor. Everybody raves about how great Brothers is...I live locally to them also, and must say I like CPP better. My .02
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote